Do you thrive on translating complex ideas into crisp, clear messages? Do you love working with customers to explain in detail how they can benefit from innovative technologies? Are you passionate about Big Data and enterprise software? If so, Pepperdata is the place for you!
Account Executives are responsible for selling Pepperdata products to accounts in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a quota-carrying, external field position. Successful candidates must be able to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive-level relationships, and navigate across customer organizations / business units.
At Pepperdata, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes and challenges.
- Manage and grow revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to drive revenue growth.
- Own account relationship and drive overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Focus on customer's satisfaction, know the customer's business and workflows, and develop the proper contact network within accounts.
- Work with and bring in experts/specialists where required, while maintaining oversight of all account activities.
- Forecast deals and revenue, keep management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gather intelligence on competitor activity, and work closely with marketing.
- Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- Be accountable for individual expense budget management.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in enterprise software sales.
- Track record of continually beating quota.
- Proven success in an entrepreneurial environment as an early member of a small sales team.
- Experience in selling data warehouse, database, analytics, business intelligence, or similar solutions.
- Familiarity with Big Data players and landscape.
- Big Data sales experience (helpful, not required).
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud (helpful, not required).
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Fantastic colleagues: Our engineering team has a median of over 15 years of experience building at web scale and with enterprise quality, and our sales team has decades of experience selling enterprise data software.
- Transparency and open, respectful discussion: We don’t hide or dilute information. We’re deeply invested in having the entire team understand the ins and outs of our business and the rapidly evolving market. We know that a room full of very smart people has no place for even one large ego.
- Customer focus: As we grow, we remain humbled by the fact that some of the world’s leading companies run their businesses on our software.
- Sunnyvale HQ: Our bright, open office is conveniently located next to the Caltrain station and steps away from all the restaurants and shops of Murphy Avenue.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stake in the company
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- “Do what’s right” time-off policy (and we really do take vacations!)
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Pepperdata enables enterprises to rely on Hadoop in production. Pepperdata’s real-time cluster optimizer dynamically adjusts cluster utilization based on customer priorities so that jobs run faster, more reliably, and more efficiently. Pepperdata installs on existing clusters and works with any Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, MapR, and Apache.